Ukraine: Online discussion of the Law of Ukraine "On Energy Efficiency"2021-03-25
Dear Signatories and Supporters of the Covenant of Mayors!
We invite you to take part in the online discussion of the Law of Ukraine "On Energy Efficiency", which will be held on March 25, 2021 from 14:00 to 16:30!
- Opening speech:
- Vasyl Lozynskyy, First Deputy Minister of Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine, National Coordinator of the Covenant of Mayors in Ukraine;
- Olha Borodankova, Leader of the Energy Efficiency Sector, EU Delegation (to be confirmed).
- What is the need for the adoption of the law and what are the next steps?
- Serhiy Nahorniak, People's Deputy (IX convocation);
- Ivan Yunakov, People's Deputy (IX convocation) - to be confirmed;
- Vasyl Lozynskyy, First Deputy Minister of Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine;
- Yaroslav Demchenkov, Deputy Minister of Energy of Ukraine;
- Kostiantyn Hura, Acting Head of the State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine.
Questions and Answers.
Moderator: Maksym Vereshchak, Key Expert of the EU Program "Covenant of Mayors - Demonstration Projects".
- WHAT do communities expect from the law?
- Yuriy Fomichev, Mayor of Slavutych City;
- Iryna Hudz, Deputy Mayor of Novohrad-Volynskyy City;
- Vladyslav Stemkovskyy, Deputy Mayor of Ternopil City;
- Valentyna Poltavets, ATC Association (to be confirmed);
- Oleh Harnyk, Association of Ukrainian Cities;
- Sviatoslav Pavliuk, EECU.
Moderator: Oksana Kysil, national expert of the EU project in Ukraine "Covenant of Mayors - East".
- What are the prospects for the adoption of the law?
- Krzysztof Gierulski, Support Group for Ukraine, European Commission;
- Oleksiy Riabchyn, Adviser of the Vice Prime Minister on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration of Ukraine;
- Ima Khrenova-Shymkina, Deputy Director of the GIZ Project;
- Oleksiy Korchmit, Association of ESCO;
- Vadym Lytvyn, Chairman of the Board of the Association of Energy Auditors of Ukraine.
Moderator: Valentyna Huch-Denysenko, energy efficiency expert of the Office of Reforms under the Ministry of Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine.
To take part in the event you should pre-register until March 24, 2021, as the number of places is limited.
IN ADDITION, we would like to ask everyone who wants to participate:
- To get acquainted with the Law of Ukraine "On Energy Efficiency", which was adopted in the first reading.
- To prepare 2-3 positive comments (that will help you with energy efficiency issues, as well as with the implementation of climate and energy policies) and 2-3 comments on the impossibility or difficulties of implementation of the specified version of the law at the municipal level.
- To submit these short comments via the link in the letter titled "Proposal to Law" by March 24th.
- Committee conclusion 27.01.2021 A summarized version (in Ukrainian)
- Conclusion of the Main Scientific and Expert Management 27.01.2021 (in Ukrainian)