Ukraine: Delegation from seven Ukrainian cities in Zhytomyr2020-09-02 - 2020-09-04
On September 2-4, a working visit to Zhytomyr City took place within the framework of the experience exchange program - City2City, where representatives of seven cities-Signatories of the Covenant of Mayors took part: Sievierodonetsk, Slovyansk, Kramatorsk, Myrhorod, Slavutych, Kamyanets-Podilskyi and Vinnytsia.
The participants of the three-day working visit had the opportunity to get acquainted with the successful implementation of Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plan of the city until 2020, with the energy management team, structural divisions and utilities of the city that are involved in the implementation of energy and climate policy at the municipal level.
What issues were discussed during City2City:
- how to organize an energy management system to manage energy and climate policy at the municipal level;
- how to organize an energy monitoring system at the level of budget buildings, utilities and housing;
- how to plan and manage SEAP projects when attracting loans, grants and private investments;
- how to plan co-financing programs to support the implementation of energy efficiency measures at the residential level and promote the development of condominiums in the city;
- how to raise funds for the implementation of energy efficient measures at the level of budget buildings of the city;
- how to develop a centralized heating system, attract loans from IFIs and grants from donors, reduce dependence on gas using local fuels;
- how to switch to LED street lighting and not only make city streets safe and lighted, but also save budget funds;
- how to solve the problem with the quality of drinking water, build new treatment facilities and develop energy efficient and environmental projects at the water utility level;
- how to develop cycling infrastructure in the city and make the way to school by bike safe and accessible for children;
- how to develop communications between stakeholders in the implementation of SEAP at the level of structural units and utilities of the city, business, population and public organizations;
- how to organize awareness campaigns for Energy Days, European Sustainable Energy Week and other public events at the city level.
There were not only presentations from the city's energy management team, but also discussions and considerations. The experience exchange between cities was definitely successful!